*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937235-I-Reality-and-Subjectivity
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#937235 added July 2, 2018 at 1:47am
Restrictions: None
‘I’, Reality and Subjectivity
"As observation moves through the levels, the sense of ‘I’ and self-definition move with it. The easiest transition is the realization that one is not the focus or content of the mind but the unchanging experiencer/witness/observer.

Although the story of life changes, there is always an aspect of consciousness continuously watching and, on a slightly different level, experiencing. The sense of ‘I” moves progressively from content to context. To recapitulate the primary steps:

The mind notes a subject of interest that is constituted by form as thought, image, concept, etc. These are registered in consciousness and then trigger the field of memory processes and emotional responses. One will note that memory is filed in its areas of the memory bank according to prior feelings and judgments, such as good/bad, pleasure/pain, ok/not okay, etc. The registration triggers associated emotions that are experienced at the level of the watcher/experiencer. As one positions the observer thusly, it will be found that the sense of ‘I’ is identifiable as an impersonal quality that functions automatically to merely ‘experience’.

The shift of identity to this inner experiencer reveals that it functions automatically, no matter what the content of life may be. The next step (an easy one) is to notice that the source for experiencing is a field called awareness, which is a priori to the ability to experience. If awareness is lost (as in sleep or anesthesia), or medically (‘going unconscious’), none of the lower fields operates. Without the awareness of the witness/experiencer, there is amnesia, blankness, or oblivion. The next step is more subtle in that it is the observer/witness who knows whether awareness is present or not. At the level of awareness, thinkingness becomes replaced by the knowingness of the observer/witness as an impersonal function of consciousness. These faculties occur as a function of their own essence and not of a personal self.

The next step is again more subtle. It is important to note that at all times there is the Light of Consciousness, the total field in which awareness is possible. The final and most subtle step of all is the revelation of the Self as the ultimate Source of Consciousness. The Self then shines forth and reveals its essence as the manifestation of Divinity which, in turn, presents itself as the effulgence of the Godhead--the Unmanifest--the nameless, infinite potentiality and infinite power.

The source of Creation is obvious as the manifestation of God as Creator, out of which arises the Light of Consciousness as the Source of life. The sense of ‘I’ is an identification and a knowingness that are qualities of the Inner Presence which enable the capacity to know the ‘I’ as Self. Stripped of all pretenses, the inner sense of ‘I-ness’ merely knows Itself without any content. In the state of Oneness, there is no separation between the Presence and the Self, and the self disappears as the light replaces the darkness. The sense of ‘I-ness’ is one with all existence at the very core of its Source.

Truth is revealed from within as an absolute certainty because that certainty is innate to the Presence. It is radically subjective as the very source and primary core of absolute knowingness. It has no content because there is nothing to know since one’s Reality is All That Exists. It is therefore totally silent and devoid of images, words, or concepts. In its totality, it is the ultimate extreme of pure subjectivity which obliterates all mental functioning. No concepts are possible in the Infinite Light of the glory of God. There is a profound peace, safety and at-homeness. Completion has finalized."

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937235-I-Reality-and-Subjectivity