*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937317-Three-Things-4-Dont-Leave-Home-Without-It
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#937317 added July 3, 2018 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
Three Things #4: Don't Leave Home Without It

I'm piggybacking on Brooklyn 's prompt for blog posts about "three things" in a variety of categories. I'm not sure if this is going to be a daily thing, a "post them all this weekend" thing, or a "whenever I get around to it" kind of thing, but I'm committed to blogging about everything on her list. For reference, the categories are:

Theme: Three Things
*HeartB* Three things you can’t go without.
*HeartP* Three celebrity crushes.
*HeartO* Three favorite book characters.
*HeartGR* If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what three things would you take with you?
*HeartGR* Three pet peeves.
*HeartT* Three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
*HeartY* Three favorite TV shows.


I might as well take these in descending order, so here are the three things I would take with me during a home evacuation.


My wife. I mean, c'mon. You didn't honestly think I'd be like, "Oh dear, save the television! You're on your own, honey!" did you? *Laugh* In the event of any kind of evacuation, emergency situation, etc., making sure my wife comes with me would be priority #1.


My cat. A close second would be our cat, Dora. For much the same reason as my wife, I just couldn't bring myself to prioritize stuff over an actual life. I can get a new computer, a new book collection, a new car. I'm not really not the kind of person to stress too much about material things so, as you'll see in a moment, is really going to put me in a bit of a pickle when I have to pick a #3. *Wink*


??? I truly and honestly don't know what my third thing would be. There are obviously things that have significant sentimental value (our wedding photos, a leather-bound volume of all the Lord of the Rings books that I was gifted by a former boss, my signed Avengers: Infinity War poster that I got on my last day of work at the company, my college diploma, etc.) that I would love to save if it was a situation where I had, say, two hours to throw a bunch of stuff in the car and hit the road... but in a true "you have two minutes to grab what you can and exit the building" kind of a situation, I'm not sure any of those things would immediately pop into my head. Is my wife safe? Is my cat okay? Do I have pants on? Okay, then let's get outta here.


Hmm... now that I think about it, I suppose I just found my answer for #3... pants. *Pthb*



© Copyright 2018 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937317-Three-Things-4-Dont-Leave-Home-Without-It