*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937473-My-4th-of-July-Adventure
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#937473 added July 5, 2018 at 7:03pm
Restrictions: None
My 4th of July Adventure
PISMO BEACH ADVENTURE

So we left for Pismo Beach around 12 noonish. We stopped in Santa Barbara at El Pollo for lunch. I got the double chicken tostada salad. I'm really trying to make better choices with a focus on the DASH diet and increasing protein. We arrived at Grover Beach at 3 pm for check in to our Holiday Inn Express. (Very hilly!) The room was nice enough and smelled fine, but the hall smelled of marijuana. Yuck. I'm not into that. We settled down, organized our stuff watched a tad bit of TV and then we were off. We got to Pismo about 430ish but there was nowhere to park. We had to park about 1.5 miles away and walk in. It took us about 30 minutes. I brought a lawn chair just in case.

Joey wanted FroYo so we stopped into the local place. It was very similar to menchies but they had cinnamon crumbles. I'd never seen them before but they were FAB! After a refreshing treat we walked around a bit and got out wristbands because we paid for the VIP seating on the pier. Of course there was no beer so we found a Mexican restaurant that sold beer. We went in order beer and chips and nursed it until about 630 pm when we got in line for the pier.

I just want to say the beach was packed. There were a ton of EZ ups and people grilling on the beach. Kids were playing, there were kites, surfers and you could see for miles up and down the coast in each direction. The temperature was mild, I'd say about in the 70's. I never felt uncomfortable and when it got cooler, I put on my sweat jacket.

When we got onto the Pier, (they opened it up at 7) we picked up out dinner order which was a beef brisket or pork sandwich, Cole slaw, and beans from a local restaurant, McClintock's. Very yummy. They also had coffee and chips, sodas, and cheese. The time went by fast. Before you knew it was 830. The showed started at 9. Venus and Jupiter were out and bright, but that was it. About 845 "Homemade" fireworks started going off up and down the coast.

That was the coolest thing thing to see - multiple fireworks going off up and down the coast. Our show started at 9 - right on time. The music was contemporary American and the fireworks were so close it was amazing. The show ended at 925, and we got back at 1000 pm and went right to bed we were soo pooped.

They had a Keurg coffee thingie in the room so I had that when I woke up. The hotel had a breakfast but it kinda sucked. Sometimes it's just better to go to Dennys. After Dennys we came back to Castaic. Hubby is past out.

Temps here are 100 degrees. It's hot. I don't feel much like doing anything. Might make pasta for dinner or I might try to convince the Hubby to go out to eat. We'll see.

Tomorrow I have a haircut. Temps are supposed to be 100 again so I if I want to get some exercise in nature in, I'll need to get out about 7 am. Debating. lol!! Choices for tomorrow include water day at Hurricane Harbor or go see a movie. I also need to start packing for Joey's trip to Camp Josepho for his moviemaking badge.

Hope you all had a great 4th and enjoyed your time with family and friends.

Question for you: What was the last movie you saw?


Mine was:

Poster for Infinity War

© Copyright 2018 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937473-My-4th-of-July-Adventure