*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937670-Work-Ethics-and-Other-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#937670 added July 9, 2018 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
Work Ethics and Other Thoughts
Kamál (Perfection), 16 Raḥmat (Mercy) 175 B.E. - Monday, July 9, 2018

It was a productive morning. I posted this week's goals t o "Weekly Goals, began research for this week's "Invalid Item subject, composed "Motivational Monday: This day in History and space flight for this blog, and composed "Commemorating the Martyrdom of the Bab and Gratitude List for "Writing in Snow. Last night, when I posted the prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends I followed my gut instinct and decided on Work Ethic as to topic. My other choice was Happy Monday, which didn't seem very inspiring at the time.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2058
Work Ethic. Write whatever you want about this subject. If you have a favorite quote share it.

"It is enjoined upon every one of you to engage in some form of occupation, such as crafts, trades and the like. We have graciously exalted your engagement in such work to the rank of worship unto God, the True One. Ponder ye in your hearts the grace and the blessings of God and render thanks unto Him at eventide and at dawn. Waste not your time in idleness and sloth. Occupy yourselves with that which profiteth yourselves and others. Thus hath it been decreed in this Tablet from whose horizon the daystar of wisdom and utterance shineth resplendent."
Baha'u'llah1

For years I struggled to do my best under difficult conditions. For the first several years of my adult work life, I worked as a waitress, which meant I was on my feet most of an eight-hour day. In most cases the pay wasn't even minimum wage; however, I did my best to serve the people and be pleasant, even when the customers weren't. I didn't realize how important my job was until after I became a Baha'i. That's when I discovered that work, done with the proper attitude, is worship of God. Now I do my best to worship God through my writing or whatever other work I'm doing.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1665
"Examine your words well, and you will find that even when you have no motive to be false, it is a very hard thing to say the exact truth, even about your own immediate feelings.” George Eliot
Why is telling the exact truth so difficult? Your thoughts…

I suspect George Eliot is talking about being kind and truthful at the same time. I attempt to be kind and truthful, which is sometimes difficult to do at the same time. There are ways of speaking the truth without hurting another person's feelings or sounding like you're being unnecessarily critical. If someone ask you how a pair of slacks or dress looks on them, you can't just say "It makes your ass look fat." Even if that's the exact truth. Some people, like me, don't care if a piece of clothing makes the ass look fat, while other people are quite sensitive about that particular part of their body. You can apply this example to numerous situations.


Footnotes
1  Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, 3. Bis̲h̲árát (Glad-Tidings): The Twelfth Glad-Tidings


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937670-Work-Ethics-and-Other-Thoughts