*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937887-Fun-Fact-Friday-Three-Responsed-to-Three-Blog-Prompts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#937887 added July 13, 2018 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Three Responsed to Three Blog Prompts
Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Kalimát (Words) 175 B.E. - Friday, July 13, 2018
Feast of Kalimát

Bi-weekly, according to 200 OMG Facts You Didn’t Know… Until Now  , has two meanings.
It means either twice a week or once every two weeks.

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Jules Verne wrote 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and Around The World In 80 Days. These tales in which he blends fantastical locations and voyages with a variety of geographic and scientific adetails, are the first science fiction stories, predating even HG Wells by 2 to 3 decades. Since he wrote sci-fi in the midst of the Victorian era, he is considered by some to be the first steampunk.

Here are 2 fun facts about the Jules Verne and his writing life.

1. Before he wrote stories he wrote libretti (lyrics) for operas.

2. His father, upon finding out Jules was involved with the theater, cut him off and Verne became a stockbroker. He was actually quite good at it although he despised it.

Did Jules Verne ever get depressed? I know that his father cutting him off had to be a dark moment. Did his father cutting him off cause him to question his choice of working in the theater? Did his disliked being a stockbroker have anything to do with his father disowning him? If he did get depressed about his father cutting him off, he found a way to deal with it and get on with his life.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1669 Friday the 13th, July 2018.
Let's talk about funny superstitions on this day noted for many.

I am not a superstitious person. The only time I pay attention to superstition is when someone mentions it or I need the information for a story or poem I'm writing for a contest. I' heard all sorts of intriguing Friday the 13th superstitions. some of them are based on historic events, and some of them are pure imagination gone wild. I prefer to put my trust in God, and consult the Baha'i scriptures if I have any questions about anything that is happening in my life. Everyday I say a prayer of protection, which was revealed by The Bab. I also say prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2063
What's the funniest thing you've heard in the news lately?

It's been a while since I heard anything funny in the news. If I want to laugh, I usually review stories or poems in the comedy or satire genres. I also log into Facebook because I know someone is going to post something that makes me laugh. On Facebook, I sometimes repost an item that makes me laugh. I know that laughter is good medicine and that God loves laughter, the problem with the news is that it generates depression and tears. When I read depressing new, I go to the Baha'i writings, prayers, or one of the Baha'i websites, this always brightens my day and changes my mood.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937887-Fun-Fact-Friday-Three-Responsed-to-Three-Blog-Prompts