*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938075-The-prayers-of-the-world
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#938075 added July 16, 2018 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
The prayers of the world
We have all been following the news and thinking about the rescue operation of the Thai children and their coach. It has certainly taught us profound lessons of life if not the meaning of life itself.

First let me start with those twelve children. What patience! A person and that too a child who has starved for nine days shows no sign of impatience or selfishness upon seeing the divers who've come to save them. There is not a moment of 'let me get out of here and the rest can take care of themselves'.

The next quality that has touched a chord in every heart is the absence of any kind of negativity. They didn't say why did it happen to me or blame their coach for getting them into this mess. No emotional outbursts leading to conflict and fights.

The level of faith they had is immense. They never once said they thought they would die and nobody would find them.
I think one boy said at a point of time -'We knew you would come'.

Their resilience is stupefying. Is it their athleticism or the boon of being a child? The divine intervention cannot be ruled out either.

Coming to the coach, he gave all his food and water to the children. He realized he had made a very serious mistake and never once tried covering it up with excuses. He looked after the children very well; their optimism and positivism that was sustained over all those days, the credit goes to him. He made them meditate in the manner of a Buddhist monk as he had been one himself for 10 years when he was orphaned at the age of ten.

The rescuers brought the world together and showed the power of oneness globally. Rest in peace Mr Saman, you gave up your life for the call of duty. Dr Harris' father passed away while he was in the caves for the children; he did not give up his duty to grieve. The death of Mr. Saman did not deter the rescuers from endangering their lives, they had to do it for his supreme sacrifice.

The divers held on to the children while they were being brought underwater, since none of them could swim. In a dangerous cave with zero visibility and fast moving water currents to swim underwater holding a child, is nothing short of a miracle...

Last but not the least, the dignified behaviour of the parents, how they must have suffered all these days but no sign of hatred for the coach or any other negative comment. They stood by each other like pillars of strength.

The prayers of the world have been answered, since all 13 are All Our Sons!

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938075-The-prayers-of-the-world