*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938195-This-Just-In---July-17
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#938195 added July 17, 2018 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
This Just In - July 17



There are times when articles require context and commentary... and then there are days like this. Truth be told, I just had to share this article because it's so bizarre. If the title alone isn't enough to pique your interest, I'm going to re-post the excerpt from The Telegraph that this article cites and let it speak for itself:


"Purbrick, 63, who was part of Great Britain's equestrian team in the 1980 Moscow Olympics, took revenge on her lover, Lord Prior of Brampton, after catching him in the arms of another woman.

"After obtaining eight litres of pig's blood from a friend who was a butcher, she let herself into his south London flat and used a garden sprayer to paint the words "whore", "lady slut" and "big d*** lord" on the walls.

"She also drew a penis on the floor before emptying the remainder of the pig's blood everywhere and then leaving a cheque for £1,000."


*Laugh* WOW.

The NPR article goes on to provide additional context, such as the fact that Purbrick "played loud music" during the incident and specifically chose pigs' blood because her (now presumably former) lover had an affection for the animals. There's also a bit about how her attorney had to apologize for Purbrick showing up in court in pink shorts and a white T-Shirt because she couldn't find an Uber or a cab and had to walk to the courthouse from the London Underground station.

Her quote at the end of the article is great. Seriously, I know there will probably be precious few people regularly clicking through to the actual article for this challenge, but this one is really worth your time. It's approximately 500 words of pure, eyebrow-raising oddity, and highly recommended for anyone who needs a break from the more serious news of the day.

© Copyright 2018 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938195-This-Just-In---July-17