*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938443-Jult-23-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#938443 added July 23, 2018 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Jult 23 2018
"Jult 23 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Just what it says Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Musical Memories. Tell us about a song that brings back pleasant memories and makes you smile when you hear it."

This one is very easy for me. The song that brings back instant good memories for me is "Softly and Tenderly". It is an old Christian hymn and was playing the night I dedicated my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Each time I hear that song I want to cry tears of Joy like I did that night. I was eleven years old when that happened. My mother set my Christianity back 2,000 years by telling me that U had to be perfect from that moment on. I don't know where she got that silly idea! It only served to drive ne from church. I knew I could never be perfect so why try? Fortunately I discovered God doesn't want perfection but rather would have taken maturity instead!


image:1971183-35%} "Prompt: "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory. There seems something more speakingly incomprehensible in the powers, the failures, the inequalities of memory, than in any other of our intelligences. The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!” says Fanny in Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park.
Do you agree with her and what are your thoughts on memory?"

I have to politely disagree with her. I believe what God says in his word and that is that a man's soul is more valuable than all the other possessions combined. Jesus asked "What does a profit a ma if he gains the whole world and loses his soul? It profits him nothing."


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938443-Jult-23-2018