*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938575-Whose-Nervous-Today
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#938575 added July 25, 2018 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
Whose Nervous Today
War Chest Wednesdays: Write about the time you were the most nervous you've ever been?

Owl with signature *Think*


Google says: Nervous = neurological, high-strung, edgy, tense, excitable,jumpy....

My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. Timothy Leary
Read more at:{link https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/nervous}


I'm always at least one of those definitions, that I got from google above, when I'm with other people. I don't really think I am most nervous anywhere.

Getting wellness checkups from Doctors can make me nervous. The last one was a doozy. The nurse who ushered me back to the exam room asked me if I knew how unusual I was? I don't have to take medications for anything. They don't expect to treat me for anything yet. That particular nurse said she takes 10 different medications. Medications make me nervous. Once you start taking them it's forever. They apparently were scamming people that day, because the women in an adjacent exam room was yelling loud enough for all to hear, "I don't have high blood pressure."

They told me my blood pressure was 150 over some high number and they needed to put me on medication so I told them to bug off I'd call them if I needed them. I do occasionally register low blood pressure but its normal on a regular basis. I take it regularly anyway so I'm sure of the numbers.

I'm under the impression that Doctors do not respect people who try to stay healthy. There isn't any money in it. I did read an article about Doctors who want to get behind a health plan in the USA that would work for everyone. That was interesting.

Whenever a Doctor actually had to treat me for anything they did a good job.

They best Doctor I ever had died a lot of years ago. He was a good diagnostician. He would sit and tell you how to stay healthy and he would not give you meds unless you needed something seriously. He preferred to tell you why you were unhealthy and how to go about changing what ever made you that way.

Once one of my boys was bitten by a squirrel. When I called the Doc he came to the phone. The question he asked me was "Did they have the animal cornered?" Of course they did, it was in one of their bedrooms and they were trying to catch it.
Doc stated that it was a wild animal of course it bit the one who cornered it. Just clean the wound with peroxide and put antibiotic ointment and a band aide on it.

That was a time when you actually got to know a real doctor. Now, you rarely see one of the creatures they are kind of wild and shy and don't want to be cornered.



Yes. Some of this is real sarcasm.

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938575-Whose-Nervous-Today