*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938678-Weird-Facts
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#938678 added July 27, 2018 at 3:48pm
Restrictions: None
Weird Facts?
Fun Fact Friday - Pick 3 random facts from this list and post about at least 1 of them.



Owl with signature *Cow*

1. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

2. Ketchup was sold in the 1930's as medicine.

3. Deer can't eat hay?

Deer are ruminants. That means they regurgitate food from multiple stomachs, chew it and re-swallow it. They depend largely on certain types of bacteria to digest the food as it returns to one of their stomachs. If there is a severe winter and a human with good will is intent on helping the deer, with feed and they put out a lot of hay. The deer may fill up on the hay. But, they have not developed the proper bacteria to digest the hay they will starve even if their stomachs are full. However, their best foods are nuts and vegetables, acorns, are their favorite. So, if they feed on hay, when other foods are available the digestion of the other foods will help in the digestion of smaller amounts of hay. Deer eat very small amounts of browse in the winter.

During the summer they produce body fat by eating large amounts of food. When the cold weather of winter shows up the deer cut down on their food intake and live off the body fat from summer browse. They like bird seed and will feed from a bird feeder if it is available. I've lost whole blocks of suet when deer stop by the bird feeders in the late evening.


People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.


The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.


Merit Badge in The Monthly Reading Challenge
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations for participating two months in a row in  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  for 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja See Ya!














apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938678-Weird-Facts