*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938932-day-1--Florida-Fun
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#938932 added August 1, 2018 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
day 1 Florida Fun
Hi Concert Junkies, are you ready to do 30 days straight of music, backpacking, and some hotels but don't expect high-end lodging we're stepping out of our comfort zone to become groupies? In the past we've talked about planes,or trains this time we're going to know it happened but it's not going to be discussed.

Rules are I'm going to tell you the venue and where we're sleeping and who the band is for the night. You need to find a song by them and blog about the song, the venue and your interaction with your groupie co-horts. Make it up anything goes when it comes to the interaction. The venue and song please make an effort to find something. Thanks.

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnresorts/hotels/us/en/orlando/disfs/hoteldetail

From an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at The Lakeside Cafe to Cravings with coffee and sweet treats, we have a dining option for everyone. The Food Court features Subway, serving sandwiches & salads & our team cooks up freshly fired, hand-tossed pizza.

Breakfast at the hotel, some time at the waterpark, around the pool or taking a nap and then off to the concert. Have fun, we're going to be back very late.

The Social 54 North Orange Avenue and the band is Lydia, Jared and the Mill. If you google the The Social they show you Lydia and Jared and the Mill.

         Well hello fellow groupies! I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. I don't know about y'all, but not so long ago I considered myself to be a Florida virgin. Yep, I thought I was the only North American who had never set foot in this southern state. I'm happy to report that like something similar in my past, hubby took care of this....twice. So, I'm thrilled to begin our August adventures in Florida.
         Now, I'm not claiming to be completely innocent of concerts. I have attended a few in my lifetime. What I have never been is a groupie. I suppose there will be a learning curve, and why not? I have two feet and a pair of ears, so I'm equipped..
         So, we're booked to stay at a Holiday Inn. Here in Canada that chain is no longer a budget motel. As my partner laments, "I only want to rent a room, not buy it." I am determined to partake of the amenities such as the waterpark.
         Nothing bonds a group of travellers like water. We whooped and hollered repeatedly. I chose to see this as training our vocal cords for tonight's concert. We all let out hair down, or more truthfully it was pulled by the g-force of the slide drops. Maybe my whooshing catapults were aided just a little by my sunscreen. I certainly experienced the full slip and slide experience.
         Tonight's concert venue certainly looked the part. Every bright light in Orlando must have been glaring at The Social. Crowds milled about in a steady roar of conversation. I didn't seem to be the sole person in flip flops. Several of the burly guards left their feet free to breathe. Maybe it was me. but they didn't seem as intimidating with their toes exposed.
         The first act was an indie rock group with the moniker 'Lydia'. Um, the one poster I noticed featured three people of the male persuasion. Huh, okay.... after all, there once was a boy named Sue...
         All those water slide stairs failed to exhaust me. The pumping music rejuvenated me, and I bopped. Wait, that's a wee bit archaic, isn't it? In all honesty, I actually swayed, and stomped. I don't describe myself as a dancer. I'd need grace and at least some coordination for that. I don't believe anyone noticed my attempts to move to the music.
         Anyway, I strained to catch some of Lydia's lyrics. I like words. One of their songs had an intriguing title, 'From a Tire Swing'. Really? I heard them sing, " So we just stared at the sky from a tire swing with some water and whiskey." Okay, I'm assuming kids did not do this, but then again.... Most everyone has swung in a tire swing not doing anything other than enjoying the moment. I can relate to that carefree feeling.
         The second act introduced themselves as Jared & The Mill. Hey, does Weird Al Jankovic know about these guys? One of them plays an accordion.
          I found their music to be country-rock, and it struck a chord with me. I dunno, their lyrics appeal to me, and their voices just resonated. I especially enjoyed 'Life we Chose'. It spoke to relationship difficulties. "Hourglass inside of my bones Trapped inside a picture frame above your throat You were someone else when I was too....Weren't we someone else, wasn't I? Weren't you?"
         It's strange how music washes away fatigue and worries.. I could've partied all night. I still cannot whistle. The other fans were experts. Perhaps by the end of this whirlwind adventure I will have learned to pucker with a purpose.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938932-day-1--Florida-Fun