*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939079-August-4-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#939079 added August 4, 2018 at 12:07am
Restrictions: None
August 4, 2018
"August 4, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it says Blog City image smallImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Incredible August. Writ whatever you want about this subject."

August is one of my favorite months because it is mid summer and everything is green and vibrant. The sun is often too hot for me anymore so I stay inside in the A/C but I enjoy looking out the window and seeing the leaves on the trees. I also like another natural beauty as women wear tight shorts and sport beautiful tanned bodies. Hey I'm a man right? I usually don't dwell on the looking so that I lust after them but simply value their beauty.

Blog City image small Prompt: “Another secret of the universe: Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in a downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.” ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Your thoughts."

I have long felt that pain is one of the greatest gifts God can give us because it is through pain that we grow. I am fond of saying that humans are like plants: we need a good helping of manure thrown on us to grow. Pain shapes us and teaches us tolerance, humility, faith, and a dozen other beneficial characteristics. I know it has been the hard times in my life that shaped me the most.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939079-August-4-2018