*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939370-All-Healing-Comes-From-God-and-Gratitude-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#939370 added August 8, 2018 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
All Healing Comes From God and Gratitude List
‘Idál (Justice), 8 Kamál (Perfection) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, August 8, 2018

All true healing comes from God! There are two caused for sickness, one is material, the other spiritual. If the sickness is of the body, a material remedy is needed, if of the soul, a spiritual remedy.

If the heavenly benediction be upon us while we are being healed then only can we be made whole, for medicine is but the outward an visible means through which we obtain the heavenly healing. Unless the spirit be healed, the cure of the body is worth nothing. All is in the hands of God, and without Him there can be no health in us!
Abdu'l-Baha1

Healing a Gift of God2

Healing comes from God
doctors and medication are
tools of the Almighty.

Gratitude List for 8 Kamál

Today I am thankful for...
         *BulletG* ...that I have $12.00 in my Send Earnings account.
         *BulletB* ...that I have 950 points in my I-Say account.
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.
         *BulletV* ...for hot coffee to drink while I am working at the computer.
         *BulletV* ...that I could review four items this morning.
         *BulletV* ...for the ham & egg sandwich with whole cherries that I had for breakfast.
         *BulletV* ...that I had a raspberry GoGurt with my lunch today.
         *BulletO* ...that we have a working air conditioner because it is triple digits outside.
         *BulletP* ...that I have 1,631 points in My Survey account.
         *BulletG* ...that I have $23.55 in my Product Report Card account.
         *BulletB* ...that I have $63.21 in my Google AdSense account.
         *BulletO* ...that I have 695 points in my Survey Spot account.
         *BulletP* ...that I have 2,791,301 GPs in my Gift Points account.
         *BulletG* ...that I have $21.35 in my Inbox Dollars account.
         *BulletO* ...that I have $17.38 in my Vindale Research account.
         *BulletP* ...for the Sloppy Joe's I had for supper tonight.

Childhood Memory - Free Write

The Lake, that's what we always called the recreational area where Grandpa put the trailer house. That's what we called the mobile home that was used each summer when we went to the lake. It wasn't very large just one bedroom, a bathroom, with a toilet and shower (which didn't work). When we needed to go to the toilet we used the wooden outhouse above the a pit in the ground. Every summer we spent holiday weekends and Grandpa's vacation there. There weren't very many summer holidays to celebrate. There was the fourth of July, and we set off fireworks there (unless we went to Lake Carl Blackwell with my cousins).

The Fourth of July weekend at the Lake (I only remember the years when the fourth of July feel on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday). The Fourth of July weekend was fun and sometimes scary. We set off firecracker, usually down by the lake or boat dock, and not near the trailer house. My brothers would put firecrackers in the entrances to ant hills and scare the poor ants. I remember Grandpa driving the car down the hill to where the boat dock was located. He would sit on the hood of the car, hold Roman candles in his hands and shoot them off. One year one of the Roman candles backfired. I remember Grandpa jumping away from the car and brushing the sparks from his work shirt.

Grandma always made potato salad with mustard and mayonnaise. In the kitchen of the trailer house is where I learned hows to cook biscuits in a frying pan. That is an interesting procedure, but the bottom of the biscuits burned, so we could only eat the top part that wasn't burned. The oven of the stove didn't work for some reason. Maybe it wasn't connected to the type of gas, or whatever Grandpa used to heat the burners on the stove. Thinking back I wonder how we ever came out alive and all in one piece. No one ever got badly hurt at the lake. We only had life threatening accidents when we went to Lake Carl Blackwell.

Facebook Status Update

The count down begins
138 days until my birthday!

The Dog Days of Summer,
and memories
of my childhood return.

Footnotes
1  Paris Talks, p. 19.
2  I posted this in Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939370-All-Healing-Comes-From-God-and-Gratitude-List