*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939375-August-8-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#939375 added August 8, 2018 at 1:16pm
Restrictions: None
August 8, 2018
"August 8, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it says Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Monday for wealth, Tuesday for health, Wednesday the best day of all: Thursday for crosses, Friday for losses, Saturday no luck at all.

Old English Rhyme

Your thoughts on the Old English Rhyme, or try writing your own rhyme for the days of the week."

I guess Old English Rhyme is okay. I myself love any kind of rhyme and meter poetry, particularly Renaissance types. So Old English Rhyme would rank up their in my evaluation. My first two books were old fashioned rhyme. I had written them to be teaching poems of an inspirational nature. A college student chose to use my book for a term paper once in which he critiqued the book. He completely missed the lessons in the book and only saw that it was written in old fashioned rhyme. So his critique was very harsh but as a writer I knew I would have a bad critique here and there. This was only a term paper. The kid was way off base and inspired me to write my third and most popular book in answer to his critique. I wrote Styles in Poetry and Styles in Poetry II to show that I did know how to write more than old fashion rhyme so he did me a favor!

Blog City image small"Prompt: "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." English Proverbs What are your views on this? Write anything you want about this."

I think the butterfly is onto something. As human beings we all go through trials on a daily basis. We often think it is the end of our world. However there is an old cliche' that says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

I would say the caterpillar found this to be true. It was nothing but a very ugly worm until the metamorphosis took place then it grew wings and became a beautiful butterfly. If we capitalize on the hardships in our lives we will see how the bad things that happen to us though they are tragic, make us into who we are today. If we embrace the hardships in our lives we will find that pain to us is like fertilizer to a plant. A good helping of manure makes us grow!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards



© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939375-August-8-2018