*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939761-August-15-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#939761 added August 15, 2018 at 7:34am
Restrictions: None
August 15, 2018
"August 15, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs ** Image ID #1971173 Unavailable **

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs" History is written by the victors. Whenever cultures clash, the dominant force is the one left to record the events for future generations." ~ Christopher Penczak

Do you agree or disagree with his analogy of the way history has been written?"

I think history is written by the government of the country in which a person lives. A repressive government would have itself made out to be the heroes. I think history has a tendency to repeat itself, especially when we don't learn from our previous mistakes. At times these previous mistakes, especially on a global scale, are painted with a different brush to make one opinion of the truth more prominent than another. Custer's Last Stand for example is portrayed by history books as a huge massacre but the Native Americans involved probably considered it a great victory. The truth is that it was probably a battle that could have been prevented. So history is actually in the minds of the tellers.

Blog City image small "Prompt: "The act of naming the world, in ways uniquely your own, is one way to spark the creative energy that lives inside in each human being." Write anything you want about this."

I would agree with that to some extent. After all when Jesus Christ created the world He told man to subdue the world and part of subduing something is to name it. I don't consider myself part of the world any longer though I still live in it. While I am a citizen of the United States and would gladly defend it to my death, my loyalties lie with the kingdom of God. I will always consider myself a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven more than a citizen of the USA. I will of course defend and protect America as my earthly home but I have a home that is eternal that is much more important.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards{image:2164523-33%

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939761-August-15-2018