*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940122-To-Love-and-To-Be-Loved-Senior-Citizens
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#940122 added August 21, 2018 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
To Love and To Be Loved, Senior Citizens
Fiḍál (Grace), 2 Asmá’ (Names) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, August 21, 2018

"O Son of Being!
Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant."
Bahá’u’lláh1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1708
Which feels more important, how much one is loved or how much one is able to love?

To Love and To Be Loved

It is equally important to be loved as it is to love. Because if people can't love or can't express love, they don't feel love from someone else. Love is reciprocal, it works both ways, and in order to feel love from anyone--even God--we have to love other.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2102
August 21 is National Senior Citizen Day. The traditional definition of a senior citizen is any one over the age of 60. Write a tribute to or something inspiring you learned from a Senior Citizen.

Senior Citizens

I officially became a Senior Citizen about eleven or twelve years ago. My mother was around 85 at the time. She work until she was around 82 or 83, whenever the hotel-casino that employed her closed. I officially became her caregiver after she stopped working because that is when the Alzheimer's disease increased her difficulties. As long as she worked, her mind remained sharp enough to keep functioning.

Before the Alzheimer's took over, my mother wrote poems. We went to the Baha'i Feast and Holy Day Celebrations or Commemorations together. My mother proclaimed her faith in Baha'u'llah, after I did and, after she became a Senior Citizen. My memories of going to Feasts and Holy Days with my mother are some of the most precious memories I have.

Footnotes
1  The Hidden Words,Part One: From the Arabic : Number 5


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940122-To-Love-and-To-Be-Loved-Senior-Citizens