*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940367-Getting-a-job
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#940367 added August 26, 2018 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
Getting a job.
I’m in that rut stage again – no motivation to write. I was going to enter the Cramp but the prompt was too hard. We had to make a poem or a story and not use the letter “e.” Way too challenging!
Today’s sermon was good. It was called “Fight the Good Fight.” It was out of 1 Timothy 6. Pastor Jimmy mentioned the fallacy of evolution and how it is taught as fact. A lady he was talking to at one time said it is not even a theory but a fact. That’s called ignorant thinking. I saw Ben at church. He was well. Jordan and his new bride Shannon are going to California to go to college. It’s bitter sweet. Chason, the head of the children’s ministry, will be moving with his new bride to Mexico to minister here. One of the workers there will be taking his shoes. Her name is Ashley I think.
Jim is off today. He’s asleep in front of the TV. lol.
My mom is taking care of all this paper work. Tomorrow we’ll go to Walgreens, where me pharmacy is, and print out some info. I think the information is for my snap/food card. It will only give me an extra $10 a month but every little bit helps.
I talked to my mom briefly about getting a job at CVS or Walgreens. I will keep praying about it. It would be a two-fold profit – it will give me something to do and it will give me income. (= I would be checking and that is new. Lines are pretty much moderate at the most at Walgreens.
Being 35, I may never get married at this point. Not to be pompous, but I am a good looking guy. My 25 year old friend Michael is the same way. As a kid and teenager, I resolved to never get married. I intended that my job would be my life - much like being a pro author as a matter of fact. There will be lots of rejection at first, much like what Amanda did to me. But it’s all good. I know I’ll be a fine writer in the near future. I have a YouTube playlist with writing how-to vids. In one of them, a fantasy writer gave some pointers. One thing he said is that as an aspiring writer, “You’re going to lose your faith, you’re going to find it again.” That is a good adage when you feel like you have or will give up. I also know God is helping me.
My mom cooked a burger patty for herself. I had a thick sandwich earlier. If only the deli meat is not so expensive. I like the Boar’s Head brand but only Smith’s carries it. It’s a few blocks down from where we live.
Tomorrow I will go to the gym. I must. It’s something God would want I’m sure. I’ve noticed a lot more people are there in the early morning. That shows you how recently I have been to the gym. lol.
Well, that’s it for tonight. Tootles.

© Copyright 2018 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940367-Getting-a-job