*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940835-September-5-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#940835 added September 4, 2018 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
September 5, 2018
"September 5, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs ** Image ID #1871183 Unavailable **

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." — Martin Luther King, Jr., Baptist minister and civil rights activist

Let's discuss this quote. "

I could not agree with Dr. King more! The minute we quit speaking out about things that matter we die a little inside. What is the point in having a mouth if we are not going to use it to speak out against the evil of the world? I am a Christian, called to teach people the truth of God's word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am duty bound to speak out against evil. If I do not then I am guilty of condoning the evil. I have to admit however that I find it much easier to attempt to ignore the evil. It is hard to stand up even when doing so is the right thing to do. Nobody wants to be viewed as a snitch or non-conformist. It's much easier to ignore the evil than to do something about it. We're all guilty of this. How often do we listen to a racist or dirty joke and laugh with the crowd even though we find it offensive and know we should not participate? Doing the right thing is a tough choice! It's easy to know what's right but so much harder to do it!

Blog City image small "Prompt: What does it mean to be resourceful?"

It means to be able to reach inside of oneself and find the ability to face whatever challenges one faces. I am resourceful because a lot of my strength comes from Jesus Christ. He has unlimited resources and allows me to draw on His strength to do the right thing. Even then I often fall short because of pride and other human failings. I want to do things on my own or I'm afraid I will offend somebody if I speak out against wrong. "To bad" the Lord says, "go ahead and offend them."

Yet I often fall silent. Resourceful means the ability to get the job done.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018A signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940835-September-5-2018