*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941669-September-20-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#941669 added September 19, 2018 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
September 20, 2018
"September 20, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Blog City image smallImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Blog City image small "Prompt: You have to take time to stop and smell the roses. What do you think this phrase means? "

This phrase refers to the fact that we are always in a rush. We do not take time to enjoy Jesus or the world He created. As humans we have the innate ability to appreciate the beauty around us and instead we fall back to instinctual drives to be the best and to overindulge as if we don't know where our next possession is coming from. We fail to relax and enjoy the world God has given us striking a balance between making a way in that world and simply enjoying it. God said to subdue the world but we try so hard to control and own it. The fact of the matter is that I would not even exist if it weren't for Jesus Christ. If He created me why can't I trust Him to provide for me?

{image:1997652-25% "Seaman claim that a school of whales miles apart will all dive at the exact moment.." Are their signals we are oblivious to as humans or is it just a fluke coincidence. Have you heard of other similar situations?

I believe that whales communicate with each other over long distances. A mile is not that far and sound carries well underwater. One whale, probably a leader, signals to others and they all dive at the same time. This does not surprise me at all. Some sea life is highly intelligent and we must remember that sea life has been around much longer than us. They would even have survived the flood that occurred in Noah's lifetime so they have had a long time to adapt to their environment and as much as I hate to use the word "evolve" intellectually. So I believe whales communicate on some level.

Speaking of animal oddities I have also heard that dolphins have defended helpless humans from shark attacks. The shark will begin to circle the human stranded in the water and the dolphin will ram the shark to keep it away from the human. In one situation the dolphin saved the human by giving the human a "piggyback" ride to keep them from drowning. Animals are much smarter than we give them credit for, especially sea animals. However I had a dog that communicated quite well. I was arguing with my wife one day before she passed. I had lain down on my bed and was yelling at my wife. Sandy, my Pomeranian, jumped up on my chest and narrowed her eyes at me much like my mother had done. I was very angry. Sandy pawed at my chest, barked at me, and narrowed her eyes again. I then knew I owed my wife some amends and apologized because my dog told me to do so!

{image:2098718-33%} Sig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941669-September-20-2018