*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941960-Dreaming-in-French
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#941960 added October 19, 2018 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
Dreaming in French
Somewhere along the line I got too much sun... particularly on my forehead and up on my temples and hair line. My dermatologist prescribed a cream that is supposed to burn off the bad stuff and my face looks blotchy and red. I don't care... I'm no longer competing for female attention.

I've been reading a book called "Lucid Dreaming." I've read similar stuff like Psycho "Cybernetics" where you relax, put yourself into a light trance and vividly try to imagine yourself doing something you can't seem to get right consciously. Golfers and other sports professionals use it all the time. Lucid dreaming requires the same psycho sort of preparation and the object is to become lucid in a dream but not wake up. You keep sleeping but awaken to he realization you're dreaming. Since I am plagued by nightmares this is useful because realizing you are dreaming takes the terror out of the experience. Anyway I noticed something new in the process that I have never heard anyone talk about before.

The past few nights I have been trying to repeat phrases in French in my effort to prepare for an upcoming trip to Europe. Guess what? As I slept I dreamed in French and the phrases I struggled with to understand and repeat keep repeating themselves. Is that cool or what?

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941960-Dreaming-in-French