*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942061-Little-rant
by Emily
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2166092
A blog to house my musings, curiosities, and fascinations.
#942061 added September 26, 2018 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
Little rant
This one's gonna be a bit of a rant, so if you like that kind of stuff, please read on. Otherwise, avert your eyes now *Laugh*

So, I've started my first online graduate school course. It originally weren't supposed to begin until today, but the professor opened it early and everyone's been posting introductions and their first assignments. Anyway, all students have to enter their immunization records, which is required by law when enrolling in school. So, even though my classes are all online, I still have to input those records. And this already will be a little bit of a process because my immunizations were all done by my parent's insurance while I was still in school, and all my records are back in Hawaii. And of course, this particular insurance doesn't have any type of online system, so I have to fill out a physical piece of paper and mail it to my mother who had to bring it in person to the office. Thankfully, I was ahead of schedule and had my request mailed back in August. My mother dropped it off in the last week of August. They didn't give her any indication when the records would be emailed to me, but they did give her a number to call to check on the status of delivery. So, I waited and waited and waited. Until yesterday when I finally decided to call the number to see what the heck was up that I hadn't gotten my records yet. The lady said it was delivered to my email on September 10th (two weeks ago), so I should check my email and check my junk folder. I said ok and hung up. I looked and looked through my mail. Through my spam folder. Through my junk. I searched for the address it would have come from. I looked in my trash in case I deleted it by accident. Nothing. So I called back (I hate calling people, especially medial people) and she said she would send another one, but just be patient. So I said ok, and forgot about it until later that night when I checked my email. And I had received something! Hurray! So, I clicked into the secure link, created an account as it requested, and then it said: "Congratulations, your account has been created. For your security, this link is no longer valid."

Damn! What?! I called back late at night (it is five hours earlier in Hawaii so it wasn't late for them), and the lady's like: Oh yeh, the link expires after 14 days. WTH?!! So I said: Ok, can you send me a new link then? And she said yes, and I was pissed, so I hung up and went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, finally, the email arrived and I was able to download my records, the full 100 pages of records *Headbang* What a headache. But, in the end, I found the section about immunizations and entered all those dates into the school system. Whew ...

© Copyright 2018 Emily (UN: hawaiifoeva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Emily has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942061-Little-rant