*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942220-Thursday-October-the-fourth---General-Theme
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2169075
This isn't just a novel. It's a novel for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942220 added October 4, 2018 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Thursday, October the fourth - General: Theme

Oct. 04: - General: Theme ▼

(1) Theme. What is the theme (see below) or moral of the story?
When it comes to Wandita there is only one theme from the list below, and that one is ‘Beating the Odds.’ The odds are drastically against her surviving long enough to find out if there is a problem that needs to be solved. There are several hundred other humans that are going to be trying to kill her. She can kill most of them, but can she kill all of them before they kill her. It sure doesn’t look like it halfway through the novel when it looks like she has been killed.

The moral of this novel is obvious. At least it should be. It’s good versus bad. Only Wandita doesn’t know that yet. All she knows is that individuals keep on trying to kill her.

(2) Resolution. Brainstorm ways you could resolve the conflict(s) within the confines of the theme. You are not required to identify a chosen resolution from your list of possibilities yet, so really think outside the box! Anything goes.
Wandita has mixed feeling about how this novel is going to end. She knows how it will end when it comes to those trying to kill her. After all, she does kill all of them first. What she doesn’t know is what is going to happen to her after she sees that there is a very huge problem that needs to be solved.

NOTE: This list of universal themes might give you some ideas, but don't let it box you in. Feel free to add your own.


© Copyright 2018 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942220-Thursday-October-the-fourth---General-Theme