*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942221-Friday-October-the-fifth---Character-Protagonist-Profile
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2169075
This isn't just a novel. It's a novel for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942221 added October 5, 2018 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Friday, October the fifth - Character: Protagonist Profile

Oct. 05: - Character: Protagonist Profile ▼

Draft a profile of your protagonist. Include detailed information such as name, age, physical attributes, occupation, education, culture, religion, family, relationship status, personality, likes, dislikes, strengths, weakness, motivations and desires. Use Google Images to find an image of your character. The point of this exercise is for you to get to know your character inside and out before you write your novel. If you don't know your character, how can you expect it of your readers? Flesh out your pre-story character in detail. Keep in mind that your protagonist will grow in some way during your story. For more serious character profilers, here is an optional, very extensive template: "Character Interview / Profile Sheet"


CHARACTER INTERVIEW / PROFILE

Name: Wandita

Background
Birthday: Her exact birthday is unknown. Wandita’s age is also unknown, but she’s about twenty-five to thirty years old.
Place of birth: The planet of Unnion. Her exact place is unknown.
Parents: Of course, she had parents, but who they are isn’t mentioned in this novel. At least I don’t think it will be.
What was important to the people who raised her: That she can do anything that she wants to do with her life. They probably would have changed their minds now, though.
Siblings: None that we know of. It might come out in the future.
Economic/social status growing up: The way that she acts She’s probably from a well to do family or a wealthy one. I don’t think that ever comes up in this novel or future ones.
Ethnic background: She’s white in appearance. She does have other ethnics within her too.
Places lived: We don’t know where all she has lived. She lives mostly on her spaceship now when she’s not solving a problem or home on Unnion. So, she does have at least one place on Unnion.
Current address and phone number: Wandita lives on a spaceship most of the time. That’s her current address. As for a phone number, she doesn’t really have one. She can be contacted though. At least she can if it’s possible to do so.
Education: Most of her education is from her problem solving. Her actual education is unknown.
Favorite subject in school: If she had one, it probably has something to do with weapons. It might have something to do with her fighting style too.
Special training: Wandita knows at least one hundred ways to kill someone. Only one of them is with weapons.
Jobs: She has had only one job that we know of. If she has had other they might come out in these novels, and they might not.
Salary: Of course, Wandita is paid for each problem that she solves. It does come out in this novel.
Travel: Wandita does a lot of traveling with sixteen planets in that Group of Planets. In fact, she does so much traveling she does get home to Unnion very often.

Friends: She doesn’t have any. That is about to change, though. Whether she likes it or not. Which she doesn’t.
How do people view this character: Those who know her fear her. The ones who don’t know her soon will fear her too.
Lives with: Wandita is a loner. At least she was.
Fights with: She fights with everyone she gets involved with in solving her problems. Only they usually end up dead.
Spends time with: Nobody. She’s a loner. She doesn’t have anyone to spend time with.
Wishes to spend time with: Once again, it’s nobody. All she wants to do is solve her problems.
Who depends on her and why: Up until recently no one depended on her. That is all about to change, though.
What people does he most admire: As far as we know she doesn’t admire anyone. If she does, it will probably come out in one of these novels.
Enemies: Everyone who she has come across. Those few that are still alive really hate her.
Dating, marriage: Wandita doesn’t have time for dating. She’s too busy solving problems for romance. She has never been marriage as far as we know.
Children: She has no children that we know of. We don’t even know if she has ever had a love life.
Relationship with God: A God has never been mentioned. It probably never will be.

Overall outlook on life: She’s happy when she’s solving a problem. Especially if she is doing it her way. She is very sad if she isn’t solving one.
Does this character like himself: Yes, she does. She likes herself a whole lot.
What, if anything, would she like to change about her life: Nothing. She likes her life just the way that it is.
What personal demons haunt him: Of course, she has them. Everyone does. Sooner or later those demons will come out.
Is he lying to herself about something: Not that we know of. She might be though. Everyone is lying about something. Why not something about themselves.
Optimistic/pessimistic: Wandita is an optimist. She’s also a pessimist. It all depends on her mood at the time.
Real/feigned: She is real most of the time. Sometimes she’s feign too.
Morality level: No one knows too much about Wandita. She likes it that way.
Confidence level: Wandita is very confident of herself. If she takes on a problem to solve, she usually solves them.
Typical day: Most of her day is spent trying to solve a problem. If she’s lucky that’s her typical day.

Physical appearance
Body type: Average. She’s pretty slim, but not too slim.
Posture: Wandita has very good posture. At least she does when she’s sitting down.
Head shape: It’s oval. More like egg shaped.
Eyes: She has blue eyes. Which can turn green when angry.
Nose: It’s average too. It isn’t too big or too small.
Mouth: Thin lips. Slightly puffy too.
Hair: dark hair. Black with a little bit of red.
Skin: smooth as a baby.
Tattoos/piercings/scars: She doesn’t have any tattoos or piercings. Wandita might have some scars though because of her problems that she solves.
Voice: Wandita doesn’t talk too much. She would rather use fight than talk.
What people notice first: How beautiful that she is. It’s usually the last thing that they notice too.
Clothing: She wears whatever clothing is appropriate for which every planet she’s on. She has clothing from all the planets in their Group of Planets.
How would she describe herself: She’s not the type to talk about herself. She would rather overhear how others describe her.
Health/disabilities/handicaps: None that we know of. At least when it comes to disabilities and handicaps.

Characteristics
Personality type (choleric, sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholy): None of these really fit Wandita. The two closest ones are choleric and sanguine.
Strongest/weakest character traits: Her greatest strongest trait is how good she is at solving problems. She has no weakest that we know of.
How can the flip side of her strong point be a weakness: Each problem she tries to solve she is sure she is going to solve. She’s usually right, but not always.
How much self-control and self-discipline does she have: Wandita is very self-discipline. She is always in self-control.
What makes her irrationally angry: Anyone who is trying to kill her. Which is a lot of individuals in this first novel. It will be even more in the second one.
What makes her cry: Nothing. She’s not a crier. No one has ever seen her cry, and no one will probably never see her do it.
Fears: None that we know of. Only everyone has fears. So, sooner or later hers will come out.
Talents: Her biggest talent is killing. She’s very good at that.
What people like best about her: They like it when she solves another problem. What they don’t like is how she does it.

Interests and favorites
Political leaning: none that we know of
Collections: She likes to collect weapons. Most of them get used though.
Food, drink: Not sure what she likes to eat or drink. We don’t see too much of that in these novels.
Music: Wandita likes to hum to herself whenever she’s alone. She also does it just before she starts killing too. What she hums nobody know.
Books: She isn’t even a reader. The closest things to reading is her Problem Updates that she is supposed to send back to Unnion.
Movies: Like books, Wandita doesn’t like moving images too much. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t look at them every so often. After all, it’s a long time in Space between planets and problems to solve.
Sports, recreation: Not too big on physical entertainment. No time for relaxation.
Did she play in school: Play What? She didn’t play any music, sports, etc.
Color: Red is her favorite color. Can you guess why?
Best way to spend a weekend: Practicing what she does best: solving problems.
A great gift for this person: Given her to time to relax between problems. She doesn’t get too much of that.
Pets: She has had some pets. Though, she doesn’t have any right now.
Vehicles: She has two MiniShuttles on her spaceship. They can appear to be any shape and size that she wants them to be.
What large possessions does he own (car, home, furnishings, boat, etc.)
and which does he like best: The only thing she really owns that we know of is her spaceship. She owns other things too. We just don’t know about them yet.

Typical expressions
When happy: Killing people
When angry: when people try to kill her
When frustrated: not solving a problem fast enough
When sad: Wandita is sad when she’s not solving a problem.

Idiosyncrasies: She’s very peculiar. She hides it very well, though.
Laughs or jeers at: very seldom laughs. Jeers a lot.
Ways to cheer up this person: She can’t be cheered up. A lot of people have tried. No one has succeeded.
Ways to annoy this person: Trying to tell her what to do. She hates that.
Hopes and dreams: Everyone has hopes and dreams. That includes Wandita.
How does she see herself accomplishing these dreams: By solving her latest problem. If there is a problem that needs to be solved.
What’s the worst thing she’s ever done to someone and why: Wandita has let a few people who she is supposed to kill live. It’s not too often, but it does happen.
Greatest success: Saving a whole planet from destruction. That’s another story, novel, though.
Biggest trauma: She does get hurt every so often. Almost gets killed too.
Most embarrassing thing that ever happened to her: Nothing embarrasses her. She won’t allow it.
What does he care about most in the world: Solving a problem. The sooner she solves it the better.
Does he have a secret: Everyone has at least one secret. Some have more than one. Wandita is one of those individuals.
If she could do one thing and succeed at it, what would it be: She has already succeeded in what she has done when it comes to problem solving. Wandita proves that with every problem that she solves.
She is the kind of person who: loves to kill the bad guys. She doesn’t care if they are male or females. If they are bad, then she will kill them.
What do you love most about this character: How good she is at killing people. Most of the time she uses weapons to do it, but not always.
Why will the reader sympathize with this person right away: Wandita will do whatever it takes to solve a problem. Unfortunately her way isn’t always the right one.
How is the character ordinary or extraordinary: She is very extraordinary. She’ll do whatever she needs to do to solve her problem.
How is her situation ordinary or extraordinary: She doesn’t know if she has a problem to solve this time or not. She’s about to find out she does.

Core Need: I’m not sure what this one means. What does it mean?
Corresponding psychological maneuver (delusions, obsessions,
compulsions, addictions, denials, hysterical ailments, hypochondria, illnesses,
behaviors harming the self, behavior harming others, manias, and phobias): Wandita doesn’t have delusions or obsessions. She does of an addiction to solving a problem.
Anecdote (defining moment): when she learns about her old lover’s death. She was going to check out the mysterious something that stopped just before it reaches their Group of Planets, but it got even more personal after she learned what happened to her lover.
History: We don’t know too much about her past, but we will some. Little by little we will learn all about Wandita. Maybe not in this novel, but we will learn it all.



© Copyright 2018 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942221-Friday-October-the-fifth---Character-Protagonist-Profile