*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942237-Monday-October-the-fifteenth---Setting-Cultural-Setting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2169075
This isn't just a novel. It's a novel for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942237 added October 15, 2018 at 3:03am
Restrictions: None
Monday, October the fifteenth - Setting: Cultural Setting

Oct. 15: - Setting: Cultural Setting ▼

Describe the cultural, political and/or religious setting in your novel, regardless of whether the cultural setting is fictional, historical, or modern.
(1) What do your societies believe?
Very little is known about Unnion and the other planets in that Group of Planets. It won’t be mentioned in this novel. Probably not the next one either. If GorVon gets closer to taking over Unnion some of it might come out.
(2) In what practices do they engage?
It’s not just Unnion we don’t know too much about. All the planets in that Group of Planets are basically the same. Yet they are also different. Every little, if anything, will be mentioned within this novel. After all, Wandita is only one eight of them briefly.
(3) What laws or rules of society are in place?
Of course, Unnion and the other planets in that Group of Planets have laws and rules. We Just don’t know too much about them right now. That will probably also come out in future noevels
(4) Who/what enforces the laws and rules and how successful are they?
Like the laws and rules themselves, there are those who enforce them. They are called different things on some of the planets, but they are there to enforce the laws and rules of that planet. Sometimes they are successful and sometimes they aren’t. Problems Solvers is one of those enforcers, but they are more like secret agents than the police.
(5) What technologies are in use?
Unnion is a very technological advance planet. The other planets in that Group of Planets are too. Some are more advanced that the others, but none are more advanced that Unnion is.
(6) How does the setting impact your protagonist(s) in their pre-story lives?
Very little is known about Wandita before this novel. We know that she’s a Problem Solver, but we don’t know how long she has done it, how she got started, why she does it, etc. It doesn’t really come out in this story too much, if at all, but it will in future novels. I promise.
(7) How does the setting impact the plot of your story?
All eight planets that Wandita goes to in this novel are different. How Wandita deals with them is what this novel is all about.


© Copyright 2018 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942237-Monday-October-the-fifteenth---Setting-Cultural-Setting