*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942260-Tuesday-October-the-second---Plot-Premise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2169077
This novel isn't just a novel. It's also for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942260 added October 2, 2018 at 12:59am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday, October the second - Plot: Premise

Oct. 02: - Plot: Premise ▼

Now that you've brainstormed the general story idea, let's identify some story elements:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?
This novel takes place in several states and cities as Jessica moves around a lot. It even takes place in other parts of Earth too.
(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
Jessica is the main character in this novel. Secret Location is a big part of it too. Social Services and the law are also a big part of it.
(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
Her only flaws is that she is a tween and a teen in the first half of this novel. What I mean by that is that it’s a hard life for her before and after her dad gets killed. She can take care of herself, and she has to do that a lot, but it’s not easy for her to do it.
(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
What Jessica wants is to know why Secret Location still wants her dead after the death of her dad. They keep trying to kill her.
(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
There is a lot of conflict going on with Jessica. Not only is Secret Location trying to kill her, but she also has to avoid getting caught first by Social Services then by the law.
(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
Secret Location is the one who is trying to kill Jessica. At least they are during her teen years. After she’s an adult they want to her to join them and do what her father done for them: kill people.

Just for fun: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story.
Example: "A young, mistreated orphan discovers he is a wizard and must face the evil villain Voldemort to fulfill his destiny."
Jessica has a plan to get revenge against Secret Location for the death of her parents, but it’s going to take her twenty-one years to do it.


*** Wikipedia's definition of Narrative Conflict
© Copyright 2018 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942260-Tuesday-October-the-second---Plot-Premise