*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942261-Wednesday-October-the-Third---Plot-Beginning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2169077
This novel isn't just a novel. It's also for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942261 added October 3, 2018 at 12:39am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday, October the Third - Plot: Beginning

Oct. 03: - Plot: Beginning (Where does your story start?) ▼

(1) Describe your protagonist's life in the beginning ("Ordinary World" or "Stasis") of the story. Brainstorm ways you could establish normality through action and dialog to avoid boring your reader.
This novel starts when Jessica Strong is twenty-eight-years-old, but it really starts when she’s eight. There are two Chapters per age. So, the Introduction Chapter is, in reality, the second Chapter for when she’s twenty-eight. The Conclusion is the first Chapter. It sounds confusing, but it’s not. You just may have to read my outlines and of course, my novel to understand it.
(2) Describe the inciting incident or trigger ("Call to Adventure") that prompts your protagonist(s) to embark on this story's journey (whether literal or metaphorical) and face the conflict. This incident could be large and obvious like a death or disaster, or it could be seemingly insignificant, such as an offhand comment by another character.
What triggers Jessica Parton is the death of her dad when she’s only twelve. That’s devastating enough for a girl that young, but how it is done right in front of her makes it even worse. True, she has been helping him since she has been eight, but now she must live without him. First, her mom dies when she’s two, and now her dad. How is she going to continue with her life? Especially with Secret Location still trying to kill her too.
{font}
© Copyright 2018 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942261-Wednesday-October-the-Third---Plot-Beginning