*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942313-October-1-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#942313 added October 1, 2018 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
October 1, 2018
"October 1, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: October 1 is the International Day for the Elderly, which was designated by the United Nations General Assembly in 1990. Use this international holiday to inspire your blog post."

The Old Testament tells us that we are to honor our mother and father. Culture once took this even a step farther and told us that we were to honor the elderly, whether or not they were related to us. Our children are often not taught this standard any longer. However it was a good standard to teach. The elderly have won their honor. Each gray or white hair on their heads are honor marks. They have won their honor with years of existence. Though some indeed are cantankerous and mean, all have won the right to be treated with honor and respect. If we listen to them we will find wisdom beyond our years.

Blog City image small "Prompt: On October 1, 959, Edgar I, the Peaceful, became the king of all England.
What do you think about the title of Peaceful, and in which ways are you peaceful?

It might just be because I am an American but it would be a cold day in hell before I would be bowing or kneeling to any human being. I never understood the "royalty" thing. Do they not use the bathroom just the same as we do? I guarantee you they stink like anybody else! So why elevate anybody to a level higher than anybody else?

As to Edgar the Peaceful, I would have to look up the man's history to see just how peaceful he was. More than likely he was a jerk like any other king of that era.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942313-October-1-2018