*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942655-In-the-News-Lessons-for-Teens
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#942655 added October 4, 2018 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
In the News, Lessons for Teens
         I once knew a mom who wouldn't let her teenage daughter die her hair orange. She told her she might have a prestigious job someday or want to run for public office. It wouldn't look good if people brought up her orange hair, too many other associations to wild hair color. I thought that was insightful of the mother at that time, but didn't see the great offense in hair color. Since then, men and women of all ages have put unnatural colors in their hair. It's become more acceptable, although not many politicians have had that issue come up. Or college presidents and so forth.

         Now, however, it is becoming evident that what you do when you are 15 or beyond, may seem annoying or innocuous now, but at some later date, say 30 or 40 years later, may come back to haunt you. Those unchaperoned parties and drinking will have a damaging affect on your life, no matter how many degrees you get, or how much money you make. Something you do in high school or college can make your whole character questionable decades later. Forget making up for it later on. Won't happen. I do hope that parents and teachers everywhere are telling their teens to follow the golden rule and live a sober, upright life now while they are young. Don't put it off.

         If a mistake is made, don't believe that it is in the past and forgotten. It can resurface. When it does, face up to it immediately. The only hope of survival is to admit the mistake and beg forgiveness. You won't come out unscarred, but it may stop the destruction of your life and family future. Denial of youthful behavior will not help you. Once you've been in denial mode, it is too late to confess and redeem yourself.

         Any teenager who hopes to have a good job in the future or who plans to pursue a good education needs to live an old-fashioned puritanical life. Alcohol, gambling, and promiscuity still do the same damage they always have. They are only for adults who have no ambition and know they have no possible elevation in life.

© Copyright 2018 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942655-In-the-News-Lessons-for-Teens