*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943151-Im-Sitting-Here-Waiting-For-the-Police
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#943151 added October 10, 2018 at 5:12pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Sitting Here Waiting For the Police
         Yes, I'm sitting here waiting for the police to come and arrest me. I just a got an emergency phone call from the IRS about my back taxes. They are going to seize all my property and bank accounts because I refused to give my credit card number to the woman on the phone. So I made sure the back door was locked and the furnace won't come on while I'm gone. The floors are swept and the dishes are done. So they can come and take me to jail now. (I wonder if H & R Block will post my bail?)

         My computer is going to be shut down and all my account info compromised, because I refused to give my passwords over the phone. Windows was kind enough to call me even though my Internet connection was off, and the computer was unplugged. How thoughtful of them. But I just don't cooperate, so I'm going to lose that.

         Another phone warning yesterday advised me that my credit cards were in arrears and I would be assessed huge fees, if I didn't pay a nominal fee right then. I hung up. I don't like scary calls. I'm not confrontational. I'm so careless with my cards. I pay them all in full upon receipt. And I only use them for convenience and speed of service. Still it's so nice that these companies warn me that I'm overdue. I'm just so stubborn about phone transactions though.

         So, if I don't show up for a while, the IRS and the police have me. And Windows has shut me down. And all my bank cards are frozen. I guess that makes me a criminal according to my prolific incoming phone calls.

© Copyright 2018 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943151-Im-Sitting-Here-Waiting-For-the-Police