*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942744-Just-One-Person-Will-Never-Do
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#942744 added October 5, 2018 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Just One Person Will Never Do
Write about the person that has had the biggest impact on your life.



owl for signature use THE PERSON?


I'm thinking. *Think* Nope, one person won't work. My mom died the month I was 6. I still remember things she taught me.
She was driving my brother and I somewhere in a vehicle. Two men blocking the road with their autos and talking. She told them to move in very strong language. They did. Made me sing Jesus Loves Me in front of the prayer meeting congregation when I was three.

My Dad: Taught me how to groom, feed, and take care of a horse. How to stop it from biting. Because, I never lied to him he never lied to me.

My Brother: Was always generous to me. He let me win at card games (but not monopoly,) *Laugh*. He built me a tree house of my own, gave me my first radio, gave me my first dog (the dog saved me from a serious human encounter), gave me real leather purse and clutch purse with my name engraved, taught me to drive stick shift, taught me to scramble eggs the navy way, and stuck up for me in lots of ways to many to recount.

Uncles: I had two that taught me things about life they thought I needed to know to protect myself. Good ways to look out for myself because they could tell I was going to have to take care of myself a lot in life.

Aunts: One taught me housekeeping, one just encouraged me in many different ways.

My first husband who always thought I could do whatever I attempted.

A horse back riding friend who taught me to groom dogs professionally so I could earn money to compete in horse shows and and learn to train horses professionally.

My first father-in-law who taught me to use a hammer, argued philosophy with me, treated me like a daughter.

One particular minister of the gospel who took me on his hospital rounds to help him pray for patients and visit the sick. a very knowledgeable man in the ways of humans. And, a seeker of the ways of God.

Professors who recounted lots of off subject information in college classes.

Doctors who discussed medical subjects when I had questions. Veterinarians that taught me to vaccinate and treat different animal ailments.

Farriers that showed me tricks with horse feet to keep them healthy.

Writers of books that I read that told me information about social, medical, and spiritual subjects galore.

And, not least my four children who all turned out to be individuals with their own way of working out problems in life. All four have taught me something at some time, that has special meanings.

I'm the sum of all these teachers. I can't separate one impact from another because lots of these were at different ages and stages of my life.

I think all of these people were remarkable. Many told me answers before I asked the questions or knew I would need the answers. Life has stages and ages. You meet people at different places in your own timeline that impact and implant knowledge. People are there.

Right now at this time it's *WDC*.



Merit Badge in Consistent
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing your  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  goals for August 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja




© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942744-Just-One-Person-Will-Never-Do