*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943048-Hunger-A-Planet-Wide-Problem
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#943048 added October 9, 2018 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Hunger: A Planet Wide Problem.
Fiḍál (Grace), 13 Mashíyyat (Will) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, October 9, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

A week from today is World Food Day  . What is your favorite food? What about when you were a child? Feel free to share a recipe, and if you do, make sure to post it into "Invalid Item as well. *Smile*.

Hunger eats at the roots of modern civilization. Hunger gnaws at the spirit of hope that shines from the soul of every human being. Some of the causes of hunger are war, drought, water shortages, destruction of farmland, global warming, etc. Cooperation between nations is the only way to alleviate hunger worldwide. One nation cannot do it on its own. One nation cannot alleviate the hunger within its own borders, because the cause of hunger is global, and global problems cannot be eliminated by a single nation. To eliminate a global problem take unified action from every nation and kingdom on the planet.


Starvation Calls1

Starvation calls!
Calls this generation,
offers death's emancipation
in answer to famine's affliction
in Africa.

Starvation calls
Earth's sovereign nations
to come to the aid of Africa,
and help humanity's womb:
to feed the prey of hunger.
Africa summons humanity.

In somber tones the hungry call:
"STOP starvation!
Help mother Africa."

In the years since I wrote that poem, hunger has gotten worse. We now have people fleeing war, who are on the verge of starvation. We have governments who are more worried about the security of their own borders than they are about the starving millions, some of whom are their own citizens. We have politicians who care more about their own income, or their personal interpretation of their chosen religion than they do about the command to "love thy neighbor".

Have no intention of rewriting that poem. Instead, because it would change the meaning and the emotion of the poem. I will consider writing another poem about hunger, which widens the scope of the problem. Lambert Wilson, a French actor, says “I believe in a Zero Hunger world if we all work together” He is right, we can solve the hunger problem, if we all work together.



Footnotes
1  Originally written in 151 B.E. in response to famine in Africa.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943048-Hunger-A-Planet-Wide-Problem