*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
15
16
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943316-Brown-Squirrel
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#943316 added October 13, 2018 at 2:49am
Restrictions: None
Brown Squirrel
Finally the aftermath of Hurricane Michael reached us here last night.
Winds were so heavy that several large tree branches broke off, sailed through the air and are now hanging in another tree and over the fence. I went outside to assess the damage and discovered one of our beautiful squirrels dead on top of the back fence, as if he had been clinging to it. Something may have hit him in the head. He is so still, no breath there. I stood quietly and remembered how happy all my yard squirrels have been. They love to get into my bird feeders and are all so clever about it. They love running up and down our fence and trees. So happy they all have seemed to be. I am so sad to lose him. He is the brown squirrel I saw every day.
The dogs will miss him too. He so teased them running about. I am very sad to see his spirit go. I thank him for bringing such joy to us. I bless him on his return journey into the light. He was such a beautiful creature. It is always hard to understand when life in this realm is over, and we can do nothing to bring it back. He touched my heart and blessed us for a short time. For that we are so grateful. The sunlight is here again, but I am sad today, and that is what I should be. It is okay to be sad when beauty has been taken away and moves no longer before our earthly eyes. These reminders are here for a reason I know. But they are hard lessons.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943316-Brown-Squirrel