*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943564-My-Top-Five-Favorite-Songs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#943564 added October 16, 2018 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
My Top Five Favorite Songs
Fiḍál (Grace), 1 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Feast of ‘Ilm

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Share a list of your top 5 favorite songs and tell us why they’re your fave.

My taste in music has expanded and my favorites have changed since I turned 60. I still enjoy the music I of my childhood and teenage years; however, today I prefer music that is much more spiritual and relaxing. If I hadn't been limited to five songs, I would have chosen, at least, nine. After meditating on my choices, I whited the list down to five.


My Top Five Favorite Songs:
In no particular order.

*Music1* How Great Thou Art performed by two different artist Hillsong and Chris Rice, as well as numerous others.
*Music2* Hummingbird by Seals and Croft.
*Music1* Blowing in the Wind originally performed by Peter, Paul, and Mary. Has been performed by various other artist.
*Music2* Have You Heard? Performed by Luke Slot.
*Music1* We Are One performed by Dan Seals and The Voices of Bahá.

Have You Heard?
Luke Slot

This is a recent addition to my list of favorites. I like this song because it emphasizes Divine Unity and mentions several of the Manifestations of God, including Christ, Muhammad, the Bab, and Baha'u'llah.

We Are One
Dan Seals and The Voices of Bahá

This is one of the songs that was originally recorded by Seals and Croft. I like the version performed by Dan Seals and The Voices of Bahá best because it has an entire orchestra playing the music. Another reason I like this song is that it emphasizes the oneness of humanity.

Hummingbird
Seals and Croft

I like this song when I first heard it performed by Seals and Croft, I can't remember how many years ago. From the first, I could feel the spiritual emphasize of the song. It was only later that I realized the song, in its essence, is about Baha'u'llah.

Blowing in the Wind
Peter, Paul, and Mary

I like this song for two reason: (1) it expresses the oneness of humanity, and (2) it encourages me to sang along with the artists. I like this song the first time I heard it, and I detected a spiritual feeling when it was performed.

How Great Thou Art
Various Artist

I first heard this song performed in the Southern Baptist Mission in the Smelter Heights located in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I love hearing and singing the song from the first. I like it because it glorifies the creation of the universe as a creation of God. It doesn't matter to me which artist sings it because everyone I've heard does justice to the song.



© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943564-My-Top-Five-Favorite-Songs