*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943860-Emperor-of-the-World
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#943860 added October 21, 2018 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Emperor of the World
Jamál (Beauty), 6 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Sunday, October 21, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

On this day (October 21) in 1949- Aldous Huxley writes George Orwell to congratulate him on the novel, 1984. If you were dictator of the world, what would you do? *Ha*

Emperor of the World

I don't want to be Emperor of the world or even King/Queen of the Hill, because I'm sure there would be someone else out there trying to push me off the throne or the hill. However, if I was made Emperor--in a duly confirmed election--I would graciously accept the job. I would implement a few necessary changes; after appointing cabinet members from the indigenous peoples across the planet.


I would implement universal health care and education. Everyone, over the age of 18 and in decent health, would be require to give a year of service in some nation, other than the one they were born in. Energy methods that don't destroy the environment would be given top priority. Colonies would be established on the moon, Mars, and anyplace else in the solar system where we could construct them. Each family and/or individual would be given a plot of land to grow their own food. Each nation would be required to contribute to planetary security though troops and military vehicles.

I would implement two language classes in school. In one of the classes the native language of the country would be taught. The other class would be in a universal or world language, because one of the problems with the planet is communications difficulties. Another required class would be a life skills and/or survival class because many people don't know how to deal with the real world. Libraries in the grades would be appropriate to the grade level, without banning any book. This would allow young people to be exposed to a wider variety of ideas as they grew and learned how to ask questions and search for truth themselves.

I would implement a virtues class, not a religious class, because virtues cross religious, national, and political boundaries. One of the problems with the world today is lack of knowledge about virtues and lack of practice.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943860-Emperor-of-the-World