*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944217-Leadership--Lacking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#944217 added October 26, 2018 at 8:32am
Restrictions: None
Leadership & Lacking
30 Day Blogging Challenge Day 26 Prompt
Hillary Clinton turns 70 today! Wish her a happy birthday (if you're so inclined) and write up a candidacy speech for your own head of government campaign.


Given the current stage of affairs in the United States, I'm having trouble even identifying with any political party let alone being able imagine myself as a leader, even for the sake of fiction. I'm distressed by how fractured our politics have become, how polarizing having any opinion can be. This year with my move, I changed my party affiliation for the first time. This President is not representative of the party I once associated myself with. He, and so many others from both sides of the aisle, have been tested and have failed us. I am disillusioned with the process, with the division of our country. I am hopeful a candidate emerges that inspires unification once again. I would never claim to understand the complexities of governing any nation but I know in the very least it takes common sense, compassion and appreciation and respect for the responsibilities the office comes with. Those are the cornerstones of any great leader, attributes that are not readily apparent in our current President nor, so far, any potential challengers. I do hope heading into our midterm elections, that my opinion is changed by someone.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944217-Leadership--Lacking