*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944727-Day-24---Plot-Literary-Devices
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2170722
This book is for all assignments for NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge 2018.
#944727 added November 27, 2018 at 3:55pm
Restrictions: None
Day 24 - Plot: Literary Devices
Brainstorm

Before Sebastian leaves for the battlefield, Oscar may tell him how he would do anything to ensure his safety. This is enacted when he provides a rebel spy with information regarding a risky raid that would have resulted in Sebastian being killed.

Sebastian asks Hollen who he cares about in the world. Hollen replies that he loved a Wesout noblewoman once until she died due to unknown circumstances. When Hollen has Princess Suzanna and the spy Cooper at gunpoint, Sebastian reminds him how everyone including him had lost someone due to the war.

Helper

Hollen provides Sebastian with the military knowledge the latter lacked upon arriving to the battlefield. He also provides some context, albeit with some inaccuracies, to the lives of those living in the surrounding territories.

Literary Devices

Foreshadowing: Oscar promises Sebastian that he would ensure his safety outside of Esout, going as far as providing an enemy spy with information to prevent a disastrous battle.
Red Herring: Countries in the northwest are described to be crude in comparison to the southeast. In reality, they are just as civilized albeit with different traditions.
Irony: The strong-willed Princess Suzanna falls in love with a spy from Esnorh.
Reveal: Princess Janette of Esnorh is revealed to be a rebel spy.
Ticking Clock Scenario: Sebastian was far from Esout when he learned of Oscar’s duel. He rushes on horseback to stop the duel, but this eventually fails.
© Copyright 2018 Howler of the Moon (UN: wingedwolf97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Howler of the Moon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944727-Day-24---Plot-Literary-Devices