*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
15
16
18
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944848-THIS-THING-HAS-TAKEN-OVER-EVERYTHING
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#944848 added November 4, 2018 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
THIS 'THING' HAS TAKEN OVER EVERYTHING
Author: So, it seems that overnight you simply stopped worrying?

Yolande: It’s beautiful, put like that. Yes, this unknown space opened up.

I had never before experienced the intervals between my thoughts. In the past, they all seemed to be strung together and I followed them, identified with them and that was that. That particular day, it seemed like I had connected with myself, with something that could not be explained, a stunning silence. Now, I see that silence has always been there, before everything that appears in any given moment.

It seems to me that this is the meaning of meditation, this ever-present force that allows you to see everything that appears. If I were to add anything, I would say I also have the impression of no longer being here, of having died on the psychological plane.

Author: Did anything set it off?

Yolande: Nothing. This tranquility just took over. And two months later, my son died but it did not draw me out of it. That is when I truly saw that suffering does not exist. But that was after two months in which I had totally allowed myself to be guided by silence … I fell madly in love with it. Everything else took second place.

In fact, life became very simple. There is nothing left to do, everything happens of its own accord. Just as existing comes totally naturally, so not existing comes totally naturally.

So much happens in this spontaneity, in the silence. It is very simple: everything is in the background. Your attention is always fixed on this ‘thing’ so you can’t focus on anything else. Even if thoughts and emotions arise, a bigger power sweeps them away, into the background; so there is not the slightest chance of identifying with them.

This is why I say there is this ‘thing’ that has taken over everything. And it is so powerful that you cannot turn back, you cannot return to your old way of functioning, to the habit of identifying with … everything you are not.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944848-THIS-THING-HAS-TAKEN-OVER-EVERYTHING