*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944868-Writingcom-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944868 added November 4, 2018 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
Writing.com Memories
Jamál (Beauty), 1 Qudrat (Power) 175 B.E. - Sunday, November 4, 2018
Feast of Qudrat

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Sundays are our chance here to reflect and look ahead. Today, I want you to reflect on your time on Writing.Com - Do you remember being a Newbie? What first attracted you to WDC and what made you stay? How have you grown as a writer in the time you've been a member here? Take this chance to look ahead as well - where will your writing journey take you in 5-10 years?

It was a slow and boring day in the computer lab at the Henderson Campus of the Clark County Community College, now the Community College of Southern Nevada. We--the glorified Teaching Assistance, who worked in the computer lab answering students questions or assisting them to find the answers they needed--were doing busy work. We crawled under the computer desks to make sure the electrical cords were tucked up away from the students feet. We had dusted the desks for about the third or fourth time that morning. We had cleaned the computer monitors for the fifth or sixth time. Now we were taking turns patrolling the room, watching the front desk, and working at one of the student computers in the lab. (I suspect the idea behind this last item was to make it appear that, at least, one student was using the equipment in the lab.)


It was October 31, 2002, Halloween and traditionally Nevada Day. This was the first year that year the College would not be closed on Nevada Day, because the State Legislator (in all its wisdom) had decided that Nevada Day should be celebrated on the Last Friday in October. The logic behind this decision was to give the state employees a three day weekend.

It was my turn to pretend to be a student using the lab. I was surfing the Internet after doing some research for a class I was taking. I typed in the word stories, and received a link to stories.com. I clicked on it, logged in as a guest, and decided to become a free member that day. I posted some of my writing, got positive and encouraging feedback, found out I could use gift points to upgrade my membership, and decided to I would do my best to keep my basic membership and even increase my membership level.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944868-Writingcom-Memories