*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945179-November-7-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#945179 added November 8, 2018 at 6:06pm
Restrictions: None
November 7, 2018
"November 7, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformBlog City image smallImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Blog City image small "Prompt: There are two kind of writers: plotters and pantsers. Plotters outline, planning their beginning, middle and ending. Pantsers don't write first drafts. They fly by the seat of their pants. Are you a plotter or a pantser?"

I must be a "pantser" because I have never followed an outline. I had to follow an outline for an English 101 composition course once and barely passed. I think I got a B but if the instructor had not insisted I follow an outline I could have done much better. There were points I could have made that would have enhanced the final draft but I had to omit them for sake of following the outline. Outlines are for wimps! No I'm sure they serve a purpose. I just don't like the restraints they impose.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "In a modern world where magic exists, you are a retail employee at a store that sells magical items. Tells us some of your customer experiences."

I was a real customer in a real magic store once. Does that count? It was several years ago when I took this notion that magic probably really did exist in the form of telepathy and other such powers. I have always believed in the power of the mind and am myself one who has experienced the presence of "spirits". I believe most "hauntings" are the product of psychic energy that is left behind by humans. This energy can be perceived by some in the form of psychic powers. I believed that if I could somehow develop my own gifts I may be able to capitalize on it and perhaps make a discovery that could change the world. I began my search by studying witchcraft, not as a religion but as a science. I thought it was absolutely real because even the Bible says so. However I became convinced that I was sinning against God because the Bible also strongly prohibits witchcraft due to the idolatry involved. So I dropped it. However I met a lady who ran a store specializing in magic elixirs and such. It turned out they were basically various recipes for home brewed beer and wine. It was still interesting because she firmly believed it was the spells that made it all come together.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945179-November-7-2018