*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945293-Forget-Me-Nots-and-Veterans-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#945293 added November 10, 2018 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Forget-Me-Nots and Veterans Day
Jalál (Glory), 7 Qudrat (Power) 175 B.E. - Saturday, November 10, 2018


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2183
November 10 is National Forget-MeNot Day. Use this day or the flower to inspire your blog entry.

I am a Forget-Me-Not,
a Myosotis,
Growing in a garden plot.

A Forget-me-not is a beautiful and delicate flower. It is either an annual or a perennial species. It is said to be the tears of a maiden weeping for her love a knight, who slipped into the water of a stream and couldn't get out because of the weight of his armor.1 That is a tragic and romantic story, which fits the look of the Forget-Me-Not.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1790
Sunday is Veteran's Day, let's honor the men and women who have served by mentioning either someone you know personally or a poem, a simple thank you letter, it's your blog you know what will work the best.{ Thank you to all the men and women who have served or are serving.

Veterans Day or Armistice Day marks the end of World War I.2 Today it is dedicated to remember the veterans of all the wars America has fought since the end of the First World War. While we are remembering the veterans who returned from war and served in the armed forces on America soil, we, also, need to remember the families of these men and women. We mention the sacrifices that veterans make, but we seldom mention the sacrifices their families make.

Footnotes
1  http://flowerinfo.org/Forget-Me-Not-Flowers
2  http://www.militaryspot.com/community/meaning-of-veterans-day


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945293-Forget-Me-Nots-and-Veterans-Day