*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945478-Stan-Lee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#945478 added November 13, 2018 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Stan Lee
Fiḍál (Grace), 10 Qudrat (Power) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, November 13, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

"If you do what you really want to do, you feel like you're playing." - Stan Lee (1922-2018).
Stan Lee passed away yesterday, Monday November 12th. What is your opinion of superhero movies? Were Stan's stories a part of your life?

I remember reading superhero comic books. I remember watching superhero shows on television. I've watched some of the superhero movies, but not all of them. I see nothing wrong with reading about superheros, watching them at them on television, or watching them in a movie theater. Superheroes are part of the American--and possibly the world--entertainment culture. I see them as enjoyable, escapist entertainment that shows both the best and the worst of human beings.


Stan Lee was a creative and influential individual, who found a way to make a living doing something he enjoyed. His talent consisted of entertaining a lot of people, while giving hope to a few people. Stan Lee was an ordinary man, who found an extra ordinary way to escape--at least for an hour or so--from their mundane existence. His talent encouraged many young men and women to develop their own talents through graphic novels, comic books, and movie making.

According to Wikipeda, Stan Lee1 grew up in a Jewish family. In 2002, when someone ask him if he believed in God, he said: "Well, let me put it this way... [Pauses.] No, I'm not going to try to be clever. I really don't know. I just don't know."2 So, his spiritual path was that of an agnostic. Whatever his spiritual path, he practiced his chosen profession with such joy and reverence that it could be considered worship of the Almighty.

In every photo I see
of Stan Lee
he is smiling:
the sign of a man
who enjoys his work.


Footnotes
1  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee
2  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee#Personal_life


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945478-Stan-Lee