*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945604-Lucidly-Dreaming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#945604 added November 15, 2018 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Lucidly Dreaming
30-Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT November 15th
Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it about? If you could control your dreams, what would you want to spend your dreams doing?


I am not an active dreamer, most likely because I am not a brilliant sleeper. Without the foundation of a solid night's sleep, it must be difficult for any dreams, let alone lucid ones, to take root and spread their nocturnal ribbons around my slumbering brain. There was a short period in my mid teens and early twenties when I suffered from the same reoccurring nightmare. It was very lucid and very violent. It always began with a chase, the surge of panic as I tried to get ahead of the danger. It always ended the same way, with me watching my blood pool below me and my hands at my throat. I always woke as the blade bit flesh, often with the scream still hanging about me. It made for interesting sleepovers and more than one bewildered college roommate. It was disturbing enough that I talked with a professional about it once or twice. I tried writing about it and I even briefly considered it could be part of a past life. Eventually the dream came less and less often until it disappeared altogether somewhere in my late twenties. I still can remember that quaking panic as I fled from that unseen attacker and I am grateful whatever was inspiring the lucid nightmare was somehow resolved.

If I had control of my dreams, I think I'd like to see some of my stories brought to life in them. I'd like to see my characters and the story lines played out in lucid, living color...a private showing of a movie of my own making. It might be nice to examine my fiction in that way, with dimension and physical movement.

If I could script a dream just for me, I'd spend the midnight hours traveling by train or taking one of those incredibly expensive Viking cruises. I'd love to take the European River cruise and spent my sleeping time drifting down the Danube or spying on fairy castles on the Rhine. I'd dream and dream hard...taking in all those magical sights that I could never afford in real life!

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945604-Lucidly-Dreaming