*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945609-Be-Your-Own-Beautiful
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#945609 added November 15, 2018 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
Be Your Own Beautiful
"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2188 November 15, 2018
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." With that in mind, what's beautiful to you?


Beauty is a highly relative quality which gives it a wonderful kind of power. I often tell my growing daughter to "be your own beautiful", encouraging her to take all the liberties the quality of being beautiful affords her, inside and out. I find many things beautiful, chief among those things are my daughter's sea-change eyes and her ever evolving spirit. Beauty is a reflection of what is inside us as much as anything else. My daughter has a kind heart and that translates into a beauty and serenity that I see more and more as she matures.

I have learned to take more time to appreciate the things in the world that I find most beautiful. I spend more time taking in my most favorite landscapes, like the beach forest of the Outer Cape in mid-August or that first new virgin snow on a crisp winter morning. I love flying over the cranberry bogs in the Fall, with airplane casting a shadow over the ripe, red berries floating below us.








© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945609-Be-Your-Own-Beautiful