*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945616-Significant-and-Lucid-Dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#945616 added November 15, 2018 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
Significant and Lucid Dreams
Istijlál (Majesty), 12 Qudrat (Power) 175 B.E. - Thursday, November 15, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it about? If you could control your dreams, what would you want to spend your dreams doing?

Most of the time, about 95% of the time, I know that I'm dreaming. The dreams that I remember have some sort of significance--either spiritual, educational, or creative--to my waking life. I've found, through meditation and prayer, that even the nightmares have something to teach me. I don't worry about the dreams I don't remember, because I don't think they are significant.


"I beseech Thee, by the potency of Thy will and the compelling power of Thy purpose, to make of what Thou didst reveal unto me in my sleep the surest foundation for the mansions of Thy love that are within the hearts of Thy loved ones, and the best instrument for the revelation of the tokens of Thy grace and Thy loving-kindness."
Bahá’u’lláh1

That is the second paragraph in one of the morning prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah. I can access this prayer through the Baha'i Prayer app on my smartphone, it's the third prayer under the Morning prayers, so when I wake up I don't have to turn on a light or find my Prayer Book to read the prayer. I can also access Notes on my phone to write down the important aspects and/or symbols of the dream.

When I interpret my dreams, I first look at what the symbols mean to me. I write that down and, if something is still unclear, I check the traditional meaning of the symbols online. Some of my dreams I have written about in "Dreams of Snow .

Footnotes
1  http://www.bahaiprayers.org/morning4.htm


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945616-Significant-and-Lucid-Dreams