*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945880-Words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945880 added November 19, 2018 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Words
PROMPT November 19th

As I’m sure you’re aware, November is NaNoWriMo and the site is abuzz with novelists typing furiously to reach their word count goals. What motivates you to write?
         
         
         
         
         
          What motivates me to write? Words fascinate me. Especially, in the English language there are so many words. Describing someone ,or something can be accomplished with such a wide plethora of choices. There's such a range of nuance. Colours for example are not just their assigned names. Emotions are complex and expressed in a multitude of ways. Many words have double meanings and only add to the fun of writing. Thus a writer may decide that a character is "blue", and not intend this as the skin shade. In reality, generous souls do not actually possess a "heart of gold", but it reads as impressive.
         Writing permits me to play with words. I can include them in any sequence, and create new combinations. They are flexible, compliant and open to manipulation. I could describe a man as " short and anxious". Am I referring to his physical stature and/or his temperament? The possibilities with words are endless.
          I suppose I also like to capture moments. I endeavour to recreate what I experience. I enjoy this challenge.
         My bits o' writin' may never be published. I can live with that. All of my journals, and scribblers, and scratchings will provide my family with a small library of reading. Long after I'm gone they will hear my voice. Perhaps some of what I leave behind will be the "right write."

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945880-Words