*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946593-November-Ends-with-Gratitude
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#946593 added November 30, 2018 at 8:59am
Restrictions: None
November Ends with Gratitude
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT November 30th
What is one new fact you learned about a fellow blogger this month?


I typically kicked off my weekday mornings by pulling up the prompt and trying to write in that quiet space of time before my co-workers start showing up. The office is vacant and the water cooler is the only thing making noise. It has been a great time, really my only time, when I could focus on the challenge and the work of my fellow bloggers. I have tried to read mostly every blog, even on the days I wasn't myself contributing. I have learned about bloggers who were new to me that I have since favorited. It has feel more like a community to me this past month and I have really needed that connection. Writing can be such a solitary practice by nature and so knowing that my fellow bloggers have been out there, and have taken the time to read and comment on my blogs, has been very uplifting and encouraging.

I struggled with some of the prompts, others came more easily. There were some days I just wanted to take a pass, and others when I pushed myself after reading some of the other entries. It was good to be part of something like this - perhaps, dare I say it - it might have even given me a push toward the discipline I so need to develop as a writer.

It was not so much that I learned one thing about a single blogger, but more that I learned a lot from the group at large. Again, that sense of community...the willingness for my fellow bloggers to share and then take the time to read and comment on my writing...was a connection I didn't know I needed this month. Even though I never managed to do all the prompts, my Monday-Friday routine became a staple for me that I really worked toward. Thank you for hosting and for the prompts and thanks to my fellow bloggers to whom I have enjoyed reading these past 30 days. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946593-November-Ends-with-Gratitude