*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946833-Trash-Talking-Uses-for-Snow--Elven-Anticsun
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#946833 added December 4, 2018 at 10:58am
Restrictions: None
Trash Talking, Uses for Snow & Elven Anticsun
Unofficial 30Day Blogging Challenge: Dec 4
Prompt: I live in a place where snow is so rare, I'm amused at snow in a tube- and I'm pretty sure my students would be, too!
Give me a list of 12 things you can do with the snow, and be creative (so I don't want typical things like snowboarding, skiing, etc


Here in Southern New England, snow can be a challenge. Some years we have so much that we are forced to be creative when dealing with it. One year the totals for cumulative storms were almost two feet. In an effort to make use of all that white stuff, lots of people created igloos, or dug tunnels in the large drifts for their kids or dogs to play in.

Around the barn, snow is useful to clean mud (and horse poop) from the pasture off our boots. *Horse*

Some people used to eat snow but with the climate issues today, I'd hardly recommend that. My dogs however still love a snoot-full of the stuff sometimes!

In college, snow was frequently used as a weapon...for pelting friends or for dumping buckets of the white stuff on the heads of unsuspecting roommates while they showered. A few times we witnessed some drunken frat boys turn the snow into a private luge course - throwing themselves headfirst down the covered hill wearing big black garbage bags over their heads as makeshift sleds.

During those holiday parties when the fridges get too crowded, a kiddie pool filled with snow makes an excellent auxiliary cooler too.

We've not had much significant snow yet so my list is admittedly weak and uninspiring I fear!


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2207 December 4, 2018
Use these random Christmas words in your blog: snowflakes, dolls, wrapping, paper, pine, sales, greetings, and celebrate. Have fun!


Sugarplum shook herself free of her wrapping paper bed and stretched the sleep from her limbs. She wondered how long it would take to shake the sent of pine off her now that she opted not to spend the night in the family tree again. Sugarplum cocked her small head and listened to the quiet house. Confirming that the family had all gone, she set about planning her day.

Sugarplum started off my cutting snowflakes out of tissue paper. She thought they looked lovely on the windows in little Lauren's room. She left some cheer filled greetings on Matthew's spiral notebook for him to find after school. She rummaged through the sales flyers advertising all the Christmas deals, taking special care to mark the pages with the items from the children's Christmas lists for Sharon and Michael. Sugarplum deftly tiptoed past Ruffles, covering her tiny mouth to keep from laughing at the way he frantically pawed the air in his doggie dream.

She rounded out the rest of her day leaving little touches around the house that the family would delight and celebrate upon their return. Sugarplum was very good at her job. As the hours waned and the light beyond the windows darkened, she made her way upstairs to Lauren's room. She settled in among the other dolls to wait for the little girl's return.




"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
DAY 1814--December 4, 2018
Prompt: What would improve your hometown? Can you convince your town’s officials to make a change that would improve your neighborhood?


We only recently moved to the our new town. Apparently the hot topic issues for most of our new neighbors revolve around trash. We have a town transfer station where residents pay a fee to take their trash. The town has frequently weighed this option verses offering the more expensive option of curbside pickup. The town seems largely divided over the issue, and I'm not sure either side could be convinced one way or another. Certainly, curbside pickup would be easier but it would also cost the residents more in taxes and therefore I am not sure it would serve to improve the neighborhood in general.

We are still getting used to this more rural community. We are still learning about life in this community and other than the trash, which people are very vocal about, nothing else has surfaced that I think I could comment on as of yet.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946833-Trash-Talking-Uses-for-Snow--Elven-Anticsun