*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948683-New-Years-Eve-and-All-That-Jazz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#948683 added January 2, 2019 at 8:19am
Restrictions: None
New Year's Eve and All That Jazz
30-Day Blog Challenge
PROMPT January 1st
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What is your opinion of New Year’s Resolutions? Do you make them? Do you keep them?


New Year's Eve is not my favorite holiday. It is the celebration that marks the end of the cherished holiday season and it serves as a harbinger for that wave of the post-Christmas let-down depression that I always experience. As a result, I never banked much on the New Year's traditions. I rarely stay up to watch the ball drop these days and I resist the urge to make those resolutions. I've always felt that any promises made in the wake of something significant ending are infused with too much pressure, too much hype to have any real chance at success. Instead I work hard to connect with the positive aspects of the coming new year. I take comfort in what I can formally leave behind once the calendar rolls over and the new slate begins. I might not make resolutions but I set goals for myself...goals with staying power, goals with a lot of leg room. I generally want to write more in 2019. I strive to develop more discipline in my writing, actually more discipline throughout my life. I want to be more conscious of my health, more dedicated to taking care of myself...whatever that ends of coming to mean. I don't make those goals with any midnight-hype, ball-drop enthusiasm but rather a honest desire to be cumulatively better over the span of the next twelve months.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948683-New-Years-Eve-and-All-That-Jazz