*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947152-Best-Laid-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#947152 added December 9, 2018 at 8:02am
Restrictions: None
Best Laid Plans
A very long and delayed journey home from Tucson was soon forgotten as I celebrated returning to my humble home in my lovely town. The things I was going to do, the plans I'd hatched and the pleasure of social occasions all beckoned appealingly...

Then...within three days I started with a lousy cold, which has developed into a really nasty bug leaving me only able to function at a very basic level. All appointments and social occasions have had to be cancelled. *Cry*

Dennis has spent a month with sitters who have cared for him well, understood his needs and given him lots of love. There have been no problems. Then...on the second evening of suffering my bug Dennis returned home barely able to walk with injuries around his eyes and obviously distressed. This meant spending the following day cramming him into his carrier to seek treatment at the vets. He thinks Dennis has been in a fight *Shock* and has contracted an infection into the bargain. He is recovering well thankfully though getting anti biotic tablets down him requires a lot of devious skills.

Without going into detail it appears my son's soon to be ex-wife (hopefully) can still create major trauma and massive problems without even being present in our lives. It seems there are no lengths she won't go to in an attempt to cause disruption and destruction. So much effort has been put into trying to be tolerant and reasonable, but it appears she cannot respond to anything amenably. I fear she'll be back in hospital and estranged from her children if she cannot alter her ways.

On the plus side I did win two writing competitions while I was away. They won't make me rich or famous, but the prizes might help towards the vet's bill and the bug medication.

And of course my favourite time of year is in full swing...*Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947152-Best-Laid-Plans