*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947646-Blind-as-a-BatCat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#947646 added December 17, 2018 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
Blind as a Bat/Cat
The bug clings on so my outings have been few and far between. However, Dennis's unfortunate incident has made it necessary to visit the vets several times. I have learned no amount of explanations, apologies, treats or cajoling will convince a cat it's for his own good. The mere sight of the cat carrier now brings on Houdini type behaviour accompanied by hisses and growls.

The last visit is hopefully now over and I pray there'll be no more reasons to visit the vet or attempt to cram or fold a wriggling feline into the dreaded carrier in the near future. My son kindly offered to help out and drive me to the surgery on Saturday and after three attempts we managed to secure the patient in his carrier and zipped it up with a sigh of relief.

However, before we left the house I discovered I had mislaid my specs. I confess to being blind as a bat without my glasses or contact lens, but after a thorough search I had to admit defeat and arrive at the vets with very blurred vision. When I was called into the surgery I unzipped the case and the first thing to fall out of it were my glasses. It seems during the struggle to contain the wriggling fur ball they must have dropped off into the carrier. Fortunately the vet had his back to me at the time so avoiding an explanation as to why I would bring a pair of spectacles in a carrier to the vets.

My youngest grand monster Bobby who is now five suggested maybe Dennis wanted to borrow my glasses so he could see out of his carrier. *Laugh*

After dragging Dennis out of the carrier the vet inspected his wounds, asked a few questions then declared him fit and well before cramming him back in the carrier. I then had to remind him I'd actually come for the necessary annual vaccinations so Dennis was dragged a second time from the safety of his carrier to suffer the necessary injections. By this time he was willing to to crawl back into the carrier without assistance.

My input towards the Humbug Season is extremely low on the ground, but much as I won't be going overboard Dennis insisted on helping with a few decorations.

 ~

© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947646-Blind-as-a-BatCat